From Mountain Wings -
The Other Boot
===============
My Father used to tell my brothers and me a story of World War I. While a young soldier was praying before bedtime one night,another soldier told him to stop that noise and threw one of hisboots at him.
The next morning, the soldier who had been praying returned the boot to its owner cleaned and polished, and asked for the otherone and said he would also polish that one.
My father said the young soldier was never abused again. I was only a little girl when my father told this story, but I have never forgotten it.
~Submitted by Meg Seaman, Australia
~ But I tell you, do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also.And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let himhave your cloak as well. If someone forces you to go one mile,go with him two miles. (Mat 5:39-41 NIV)
Just felt that this email is so divine. Was chatting with my leader about some issues. He said exactly the same thing. Teared a bit over the phone cos its really tough, you see it in writing to turn the other cheek when someone slaps you in one cheek... But you are so hurt by the first cheek already that you cannot turn your neck! My leader urged me to do as much as my human strength allows me to and to stand there and wait patiently. After all, Jesus is still nice to people who mistreated Him.
What if you obey God and you turn your other cheeks and in the end both cheeks are equally scarred, mawed and slapped hard upon, what now? Probably as much as it hurts me, the hand that welded the stroke on my cheek is also hurting so much more inside?
I don't know how long this is going to last. I cannot take it anymore...God help me help me help me....Can I live without a heart?
:(
Monday, October 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Gambatte sis... Maybe your skin will be thicker from all these slaps then won't hurt as much liao? :p But definitely, your heart will be bigger and you will shine even brighter for HIM :)
Thanks dear Sandy,
Felt much better that day after a good cry...:)
Post a Comment