Super STRESSED and stretched!!
Lemme share with you all I could still feel the effects of that particular hectic week…There is only two more days left to my violin exams and I had only met my pianist Salome TWICE…tensions are mounting and coupled with me being very financially tight is not really helping. …Firstly I had tried to book my exam studios for the violin to start practicing but being so last min all the studios are fully booked…fully stressed, plus Monday was the day I took over the major reporting of each country performance report for …get this..26 COUNTRIES…the stress can be a bit overbearing…the sales data figures are out and my new “ang moh” boss is very demanding…he keeps coming at me every half an hour to check on my progress…I really at a loss on what to do cos the reports are very complicated for an IT idiot like me for the “gurus” out there reading this blog…if you know what’s VLOOKUP is about….i was really having a hard time writing the formulas and trying to adjust all the worksheets in order…
Initially, I had tried to set the timing to 1230 so that I could meet my pianist in peace and practice the violin..but this was not to be…hahah the reports really met with so many problems..already through Monday before Word for life I had already been carrying my lappie all over the place and even was stopped by the S11 management to not use their power supply!
Stress is written all my face I think..cos think the people who are closer to me could feel it….well..have been missing lunches just to complete the really tedious report….come 1pm…cannot make it lah…I am missing out the precious time I could have with my pianist….chop chop save the report into my thumbdrive and placed it on my boss’s table…apologized profusely for my rush…and really packed and scooted outta the office from the cargo lift!!
Trying all means to avoid him…had already took urgent leave in the afternoon…dun wanna waste this leave mah…when I reached my pianist place already half dead I tell you…:P Stress has been keeping me awake through the nights…what’s more had an increased sensitive to God’s voice…have been woken up by Him with a start almost every other day…with names appearing in my head to pray….indeed ever since I started on the Powerful Praying Church WFL class…my burden for praying has really increased…there were different names all the time…sometimes its praying for situations…and everytime I would pray until I fall asleep again or there’s this peace in my heart…:P
Okie back to my day…after the rehearsal…I had really bad neck and shoulder pains….
Wanted to save money by waiting for bus to go home and rest…cos there’s WAM Volunteer’s night in the evening..cannot make it…splurged on a cab again….really plonked down on my house’s sofa to sleep….must have strength for the WAM Volunteer’s night….
Come evening when I went to meet Wendy and Pam for dinner…we were all half dead…everyone is so not feeling well….Wendy had an upset stomach…me lethargic….Pam was also stressed….Then met my ex sheep Limin from NTU who was going for the WAM night too..she gave me a really pretty bracelet and a sweet card…a very belated bdae present.could not stop smiling later….its so nice to hear from her again!!
Had a really refreshing time during the WAM night…cos Jasmine shared with such passion and from her heart that we were all stirred..
We are all called to prepare the way into the Presence of God, cos when there’s a tangible presence of God, things change, people change!
We were also challenged to have a prophetic edge in our worship..that’s to say to hear God’s Word in our worship and in the services…we should not feel down or inadequate cos we can expect something different from God and that we are sent by God called by Him for a purpose…
Many times I feel that I really do not play well enough …as compared to those having higher grades than me ..cos there are some occasions that some Singapore Youth Orchestra people came and took my violin and the moment they took Anthony up..their fingers ran across the board like lightning!!!! Wow! Then it occurred to me ..God called me to this ministry….He will provide and He will use me to minister to His people…pray that my heart will so trust in Him!!
Jasmine also prompts us to have a preferring attitude in worship…others before self…with the harvest in mind…that’s the essence of our worship unto God….
What a refreshing night! Indeed my worries are really reaffirmed again by God! (
Celebrated Steve my fellow “kaki” in WAM (also the sax player) birthday..sang Happy Birthday..mind you he’s 30 and he does not look a day older than 27!! Terrible…what’s up with these people? What do they eat?
Thursday, September 22, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment