Monday, September 26, 2005

Emotionally draining week

18-23rd September 2005

I know by the time that i have written this down..i have gone through quite a bad emotional struggle...this period of time..all my intimate thoughts with God are written into a small blue book which i carried with me lah...
had actually fasted and prayed together with CC and Kim on Tuesday...we all need this "Anchor Point" in time...so that we would not be tossed and turned by the waves i guess...how true the Bible is!

i have a bad habit of siaming...hahah but this time round i really pulled myself to face all the problems..talk to God about it....examine my thoughts and actions...why i am subjected to this kind of emotional onslaught again ?
every single time i seem to be hard hit and i dwell in them...on tuesday...jamming session for WAM on Sunday..all the songs speak to me~

"You gave me a love that cause my heart to overflow,
You gave me a love much deeper than I'd ever known,
You have set my feet upon the ground,
Put within my heart a brand new song

You gave me a love, offered my life a brand new start
You gave me a love sent straight from Heaven to my heart,
Further than the east is from the west,
Taken all my sin and brokeness...

You gave me love, You gave me love

I can see better days ahead,
Our land will dance again because of You,
Voices will be heard with shouts of joy
You've done mighty things, let the nations sing..

You gave me love, You gave me love
You gave me love, You gave me love..."

I think i must have cried a bit when i was practising the songs....kept asking God to fill the void that i had in my heart....indeed God is good! I was filled with this unexplainable joy and my heart was strengthened. It's really true that Praise and Worship heals the soul and heals when you lean onto the Lord.

This period of time, my perspectives were once again set straight by God and there was this assurance from Him that He will always be with me no matter what...i look forward to Sunday where i could really praise Him and offer up sacrifice to God thru music. This is really a breakthrough if you ask me...I have not asked God for help so fervently before...indeed i was really really down...but its His love shown through many people around me and this assurance from Him that kept me going...I have a purpose and my purpose is not done yet...God is so not done with me yet...

Dun rush..wait , trust..hear His voice more..:)

No comments: