Sunday, January 07, 2007

Reflections, Resolutions...2007

Read some interesting posts on reflections and resolutions recently around ppl's blogs ...

Why reflect? Why make resolutions? Ppl argue that resolutions are plain routine which ppl make and never set down to do it in the end...for me I do agree that sometimes the decisions and things that I choose to do in the year is really out of my "planned" schedule. Sometimes, things happen, situations put you down or set you in a totally new life station.

I am a person with plans...(I hope) I cannot do something without a plan. Say I can't go on a free and easy trip without plans or the itenary laid before me. I cannot go through a week sometimes without checking my schedules or simply filling it up with many many slots...

Ah...all these have a toll on me...where is the time for God? Where is the time for family and loved ones? I do my review every year and hopefully push myself for greater depths and distances covered, not just for myself but for God.

6th Jan 2007

I heard some news that normally I know I would jump around, wail, fling my arms around and cry. But unusually, funnily, I was really calm. Really calm. Not that its an hardening of my heart..It was the manifestation of my worst fears but GOD has changed me. I did not feel the least bit affected. Prolly the angst of praying through and crying to GOd has come and gone and there's this new level of handling emotions, new level of staying calm and being peaceful with the Lord. I guess its the months of preparation that led me to this stage. Come what may...God seemed to say it with me...

5th Jan 2007

We had met as usual for CG at Ah Cheng's place and our leader Poy-san wanted us to list down our reflections and resolutions if possible for the year 2006 and 2007.

I had some Thanksgiving points too.

1) Jobs - Thank God for all the timely providence in all the jobs big and small. UOB- Bank Analyst, Relief teaching job...all these came to me when I was down and out and had little financial support.

2) My career - Finally settling down in something that I know I would like doing and a fulfilment of my soul. I told J today that "It's not about the money" when he asked me why I did not take up music professionally where I would have a chance to earn big bucks.
Its being personally there at ground level by working with children that I know it would really change my viewpoint. This job is for me....:)

3)Missions Trip to Jakarta - Exposure to missions work and working in a team which I have not worked before, sharing to people of different culture.

4) Able to serve God in major church events :- Church Anniversary, Corp. Prayer Meet, Church Camp, Christmas services.

5) Played for my friend's wedding - very first Jazz band experience.

6) For my sheep Zhu Zhu for committing back to church.

7) Influx of new life into our group, Jason, Wils, Joe, Qiuping, new dynamics in the group, our group has certainly more life and fun filled days.

8) Thank God for Godly shepherds! CC, Kim

9) Thank GOd for our mini string orchestra! Shen Teng and Sijia!

10) Bonuses and pay increment! :)

11) Able to run and train for Stand Chart run!

12) ALL the trips and hols! Sarawak, Taiwan, Jakarta...:P

Things which I could improve ah...these would be compiled in the CG list...

1) Be more active in sharing my faith - Sharing the Gospel to friends and family, this is something very important, if you dun start with the close ones, where else?

2) Be more spiritually disciplined in praying and reading the Bible.

3) Be more spirt Controlled, slow to anger and temper, "volume" control according to Poy, develop gentleness, <- God's definition ...:P

4) Do Bible study of at least one book every two months using Study Bible helps.

5) Be faithful in follow up, planning lessons and sharing to sheep.

6) Get to know more friends, get out of my comfort zone.

7) SAVE MONEY!! See at least $2K more into my bank Account this year...:P

8) Exercise regularly and lose weight! wahahahahah...

9) Improve my communications with my family members, sisters and parents, spend more time talking to them.

10) Be more meticulous in my work in dedication to planning for lessons, teaching materials for the kids that I would be teaching...

11) Be more controlled in speech, less curt more love, that's my tag line for this year...:P

Any more inputs? Feel free to give suggestions...:P

wah.wah wah. School starts tml wor...

No comments: