Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Feeling the pits, uplifted by the children's faces!

I just had my lesson observation yesterday...did quite a lot of effort in the lesson planning and in preparing for the lesson. My NIE supervisor came and....failed me...I felt in the pits the whole of yesterday and because of her decision, she would have to come down two more times to assess me instead of the original 2 times.

It's rather rushed for me two more times on the 2nd April and 10th April and at press time, I am now in the staff room rushing out my lesson plans for tomorrow and on the 3rd. For the trainees reading this, I have preparing a K-W-L lesson and its a lot of logistics...scary...that's what she's looking out for in assessing me. The tuning in itself, I would have to brainstorm poems, stories and pictures of the character which I would introducing the children, Florence Nightingale.

I began asking myself, why did I put in so much effort for if its not appreciated? Took me quite a while to put down the pride and move on... These pictures of my class, 4 Patience, in their storytelling sessions during their English Lesson encouraged me alot.. This is what I am looking out for, I told J "Ah Beng" T that when you see the children's expressions like this, the appreciation, what eagerness to learn and to present to you, money can't buy all these...You would really appreciate them for their innocence and sweetness...Even the principal came and spoke to me about my assessment results...so scary and emotional stressful. I remembered God called me to this job...two years ago..it will and it shall be!

Sigh, back to burning more brain cells for the lesson tml...



Kristoffer with this Bionic Man getup!
Qin Zhe did a very short act of his bear and shot back to his seat! Kuan Wei did a very interesting "Fire-walking" scene from The wonderful story of Henry Sugar by Roald Dahl
Jia Min was playing a rooster!

No comments: