Thursday, September 20, 2007

One year on...Happy Birthday Hope Singapore!


Hope Singapore Musios

With the Hope Bangkok Musios Chin Chin - Singer, Nathan - Keyboardist and the Bassist (forgot his name :( )

My only other piece in the strings duet Sijia

Me and Daniel Leow - Youth Worship Leader

What a wonderful weekend! My mum really came! Standing there in the midst of all the crowd I can see her. Thank God for her making this small step to come to church! Although she left halfway unable to take the blaring music..I am grateful already..this is such a breakthrough. I think I must have gone through the worst spiritual warfare yet...I strained my vocal chords from teaching, My dad last minute pulled out from coming to see me play, my stress levels gone up and I am perpetually shaking badly at times, my heartaches even more, The devil really comes to search, kill and destroy..

Many times I wanna put down, come on, You all don't need a violinist right? I badly need the break...my own needs are not met! God spoke to me during the worship on serving Him forever and trusting in Him...I was so touched. In my quiet time God also spoke,

John 15:16 ~" You did not chose me, but I chose you and appointed you to go and bear fruit - fruit that will last".

It's a simple verse, but God made me realise again that He has appointed me as a minister and with that comes a need of a heart to be of total surrender to HIM. I broke down and cry again...It was another spiritual experience that I have felt within this month! Amidst the mad rush of costume preparation, makeup and all, I realised that I really love God and His people. Nothing can take me away, I decided once again to put down the disappointments and hurts that I have felt these few weeks once again down at the Lord's feet. God appoints He will provide and magnify. Whatever little talent you have, give it all to God, Give it all to Jesus.

He knows...

The last 6 years of my life was dedicated to this church and I am so glad that I found my family here. Having backslided for 5 years. Chukai, my dear friend from uni days introduced me here in 2001. I was so blessed by this family, all the hard decisions that I made, each to put down more of myself and put more Him into my heart, I realised that my life was never the same again.
Thank God for all the sheep, the shepherds, the pastors, the musios!! the wonderful brothers and sisters in this family of Christ! :D

The growing process was ardous and not without much pain but its this family that made me want to grow in my faith and simply love the Word of God more , not forgetting a simple wanting to obey what God says...which is quite tough due to my stubborn pride..God peels off all these little things like the skin of an onion...

I love this family of Christ, I love this family of God!

No comments: