Our Sub District had called for a corporate prayer and fasting for 40 days last 2 weeks starting on the 30th June 2008.
So many things had happened since school started and I really thank God for answering my prayers and for bringing through all the things that had happened.
23rd June 2008
First day of school - Wham! Bam! start to Term 3 of 2008. Lotsa things happening and the kids are pretty sedated..quite glad though as it made teaching rather easy. Things moved and progressed and the Lord had really answered my prayers on a breakthrough in some things.
The call came. We had a long talk, one and a half hours! Sort of expected that things would turn out that way. But hey, how come I sense this strong sense of peace over me? Is it that I have been fasting and praying throughout these 6 months that my faith and trust in the Lord has increased?
Romans 8:28 - "God works for the good of those who love Him and who have called according to His purpose."
Talked about this verse many times, but ever since the Lord had spoken to me so many times about this person, I am hanging on! I am NOT giving up.:) It's tough but I would let the Holy Spirit lead, guide and direct. Things are certainly easier now that my burden is over and on His shoulders instead of mine. I have spoken my thoughts and feelings...let God intervene.:)
2nd July 2008 (Wednesday) - 3rd Day
Meeting time, struggle time. The 3rd day of our Corporate Prayer and fasting and I am even more expectant to hear from God and see Him move in my life. I was just wondering about all these, muttering the prayer under my breath. Thinking how I should carry on in relating to him when suddenly, Mary showed me this passage from the book "The Prayer of Jabez" It was like a direct call from the Lord!
"If you keep an expectant watch, God's intervention will be unmistakable. Whether it's the provision of millions for a worthy cause or the firm, gentle shifting of a loved one's heart - God will do before your eyes what you could never have done without His intervention."
I was jostled out of my seat. I was there so touched and shaken by this message! You know the kind of feeling when you had just finished your prayer and immediately God speaks? It's like you are dialing for God on the phone and God answers! Woa!
I know it is Him speaking to me about him...I know it and I will trust and hold on expectantly no matter how seemingly different things may be. I know the Lord is really moving. What a big assurance! My confidence is certainly boosted by the Lord and not what people say. Expectant watch...carry on praying, waiting and trusting and watch the Lord move in the hearts of all those whom we are praying for.
4th July 2008 (Friday) - 5th Day
Almost immediately, the Lord touched my life again this morning.
"The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love." Galatians 5:6b
We claim that we have faith in the Lord. Circumstances always seem to put us all down, we are amazed at the ways in which God works, certainly much higher than our ways. If we have faith in God, we carrying on loving. We express this faith in our Lord Jesus through showing love to people around us. Yes, have faith in God.
5th July 2008 (Saturday)- 6th Day
Received this sms from Wils "Be strong and courageous. Do not be terrified; do not be discouraged for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go." Joshua 1:9
Wils had enc me that the Lord had brought this verse to him while he was praying for me. Thank you prayer warriors!
I can really wonder at myself how many times I struggled and grappled with the idea of giving up and fear of facing the unknown. This is another assurance from the Lord from what I have already received from Him about this matter which I have been praying about. This verse really boosted me up. I will be strong, I will be courageous, lead me O Lord, out of my disbelief and let me wait in strong expectancy at Your hand in all these situations...Help me to rest in Your loving arms and I desire rest and peace in the inmost parts. Lead me to make the correct decisions. Amen!
Monday, July 07, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment