It was just a lazy Sunday evening. Had woke up early today to reach church to play guitar for Sub District Prayer meet. Shopped like crazy buying up stuff for Ballroom Dance CCA. Cosmetics must be my forte, swept up all the "gim gim" makeup! You have glitter mascara, eyeshadow, body glitter, and lots of other makeup knicks and knacks that are really dramatic to top up my spending up of 272 bucks!
Woo hoo...SaSa loves me i think!
I was marking my compositions when I received a frantic call from SW. She was in bad shape and had high fever and rashes all over her body. There was no one in the area to send her to the doctor. Her parents were out and she was alone in the house. I think my protective instinct over dear SW was just activated just like that. Worried that she may not be able to handle herself and walk, I jumped out of my seat and immediately changed, asking my sisters and called KX to help. Wow, sounds like a cool rescue operation. My sis accessed the website and found some 24-hour clinics and much to my chagrin, some of them are NOT updated.
I think I have the sweetest dad. I told him of my situation that my friend fell ill and needed my help, no questions asked he just said, "Take my car!" Ladies and gentlemen, where can you find a super Dad like that right? So sensitive and caring!
Grabbed some 24-hour clinics addresses and dashed out of the house. Reached SW's house in no time. My heart went out to her. Her face and eyes were swollen, rashes and fever raged on. Decided to go to the nearest 24-hour clinic at Rivervale Plaza, but hey, really made a wasted trip! The clinic there had stopped their 24-hour consultation.
Quickly called KX for help, my navigator hehe... was a great help to locate all the nearest clinics and their names for me...Was a bit hestitant to call this clinic at Hougang, but decided to go anyway, had a mini saga at the clinic which I shall not elaborate but suffice to say, I was stunned. The consultation fee alone came out to 83 bucks!!!! Total medical bill came to a whopping 144 bucks! Scary sia...
Thank God the whirlwind ended at around 1:30am in the night. I can't really sleep after that...got up and made pancakes at 4:45am! hahah...crazy me...am zombified the rest of the day today...Thank God for sustaining me.
Had a refuelling session though with the Cindy, Pat and KX at Hougang Suki Sushi :P
It's really worth it after all.
SW, you are in my prayers :) Get well soon!
Monday, July 14, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment