Monday, November 10, 2008

Long Service Award - Hope WAMer

3rd November 2008

I was really honoured to have received the Long Service Award for being in the Adults' Worship Band for 5 years. Yes...time really seems to slip by. I remembered the time sometime in 2003 when I was still a NTU student and was serving in the ushering ministry, when I was giving pamphlets for the congregation.

I saw it. The call for musicians and the magic word just struck me. "We are looking for violinists" I had my old Suzuki 14 year old violin then bought since my Primary school days. Mind you those days we still had to travel all the way to Joo Chiat Office to do worship practice in the ground floor "warehouse" where all the musios squeezed together admist all our props and goods and practiced.

I remembered I was auditioned by Jacob and the twins and I played two worship songs, There's No greater Love and one other which I cannot remember. There, I made it. My debut was in post Christmas 2003. The rest is history.

5 Years...cheers to the last 5 years...do I have any more 5 years to give?

Feels like doing an SK II advert eh?
:)

No comments: