Yesterday went to a mini- scaled down "Clothes Exchange Party" cum a Colours and You grooming workshop. I was thoroughly entertained throughout the session and it was unlike what I had thought it was. I got to identify myself as a "Cool" colours person and even someone who could take high contrast and intensity! Am shocked.
When the trainer Leah, took the colour samples for me, all the ladies who participated in the event were very good in group critiques. We evaluated each other styles, colour sense and even hair styles. Boy was I shocked to know that I have a lot to change. When Leah removed my favourite colour scheme one by one, I was stressed because she had removed the palate with contained most of my favourite shades of colour not to mention yes....practically my whole wardrobe of clothes!!
I looked in horror as I mentally counted the pieces of clothing which I had seemingly bought the wrong colour and even the wrong shade!
The session was fun cos I managed to get to know a few girls who all faced the same problem as me...buying the wrong type of clothes all the time, Pey Herng, Melissa, Kay etc.
Now comes the fun part. The clothes exchange! Each of us were to bring up to 5 items we had not worn for the past 1 year and put it up for exchange in the event if that piece of clothing is more suitable for others. We were all very garang. I had flipped through my accessories and clothes, managed to forgo a brown polka-dot BYS1 top. But i got back in exchange a ALLURE evening dress and a GG<5 blue top! Happiness!
Its so fun to see that the things u dun really wear actually suit another person. Clothes exchange is already widely practised in the States, Britain and Canada. As we ladies usually have a lot of impulse buys, we chop up things at first sight, only to realise that we dun really like what we bought. Found out from JN and Ms Lau that we all have clothes that could be sitting in our wardrobe for more than 2 years! High time we gather all these finds and get other things instead hahah...
Clothes Exchange anyone? Can't wait for the next few sessions...:)
Sunday, May 24, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment