Sunday, April 29, 2007

Just Walk Away

Just Walk Away
Just walk away ...release me from your grasp
I once held you in close in my life but now,
I am not even sure I would recognise you if you walk by...
Just walk away...take away your memory of me
Why do you still want to pick up the pieces
Of the debris you have caused when you smashed
All that I held dear in my life?
Just walk away...I am not sure I even know you now
Would I be the same person you knew or
Would you still be the same when you left...so many years ago?
Just walk away...my life is fulfilled in Christ now.
My past sorrow, pain and anguish has long been replaced
By joy, love and hope through the Love of Christ.
I am no longer who you knew, what you think I would do...
Just walk away...don't try to call me
I am not sure I am going to answer but who am I to you now?
Who are you to me now?
A figment of my tortuous past?
A "well-known" stranger?
Wasn't it settled once and for all
Many, Many years ago?
Just walk away...leave your concerns in the past...
We have no more to say
No more to hold on to
No more to build on
Just walk away...graciously...

No comments: