
Must quickly do some posting otherwise the next time I would have at least 2 girls who are so crazed up over the song "This Never Happened Before" by Paul McCartney. Two girls who always visit my site and click the link to watch the YouTube video over and over again...I think I am going crazy...zhuZhu can testify...that I have been playing the song and video countless times over the last 3 days..."50 TIMES!!" my youngest sis made sure I kept count.
Must snap out of it! Can't believe that these emotions seep through in my life again so easy like a thief in the night. This year's Chinese New Year is really different. Heeded the Pastor's call to spend more time with my family and praying and I really gained a lot of more insight than I ever imagined. Normally my sisters and me would scoot off on the 1st day of CNY to hide ourselves at some cinemas with some shows that we do not really wanna watch...but somehow this year's different. We actually sat there and spent quality time talking and playing with my cousins! I finally got to know them much better and it was so meaningful as compared to putting my agenda before others.
I knew the meaning of family
On the 2nd day of CNY, I started to fume at my mum for something that she had said that really hurt me. I went on and on until my dad just smiled and told me "Truth about marriages my dear? It's about putting up with each other in love."
Lightning struck, that's my dad talking about his one true love for you.
Was so touched. "There are many things that we do not see in courtship that can only surface in marriage and its all about choice to love.." Did we all not learn that something back in the Relationship Seminar? There I have a real time drama playing in front of me and I was so touched by this valuable lesson in love.
In conflict management, do I tend to be the "Critic" that constantly puts others down, the "Aggressive" which uses mean words to hurt and lobby support to my side? I wander. Certainly do not want to progress into "Manipulative" controllers who use words to get things my way...How much more to learn about love and respecting each other in a relationship? Loads....
I learnt about my father's one true love...
On the 3rd day I decided to come back to the house and help out ....have not done that in years since I started visiting my friends' houses and the 3rd day is always the OPEN HOUSE for my family where we would cook and wash and clean and clear and do that all over again...came back early and was soaked in the spirit of togetherness, felt so good...power of presence and working togther...its been 6 long years that God took to let me learn these lessons of appreciating your family more and I am glad that I made that first footstep homeward bound after all..Lord I am ready...help me be ready...:)Let Your will be done...
I learnt about family togetherness
Wow thank You Lord!
Me with my Edgefield Ballroom (Dancesport) Dancers
With Wan Yi and Dehua
with the cousins 1st Day of CNY :)

No comments:
Post a Comment