I had promptly made a loud comment on Thursday, 14th Feb after the nth time that question of "What's your plans tonight?" was asked by another colleague. "I have no date. It's okay!!"
My school is not without the feeling of love, teachers are constantly called down to the general office mind you, to receive sweet flowers and balloons as announced over the staff room PA system. I think this year has gotta be different for me too. I had not felt so much peace and joy in a long time. I giggled at my previous years' tantrums of having no special "one" to spend the time with over this particular day...Realised now...Joy must come from the Lord first and His love must first reside in my heart. If I am with the one who truly loves me and I really love, EVERYDAY is a V-day!
Lotsa chocolate exchange today...teachers brandishing their new year cookies and chocolates and giving them out. I too dish out pretty pink wrappers filled with Cadbury chocolates for my close friends in the school. Nope still no flowers.
Wednesdays thru to Fridays are what I call "Mad Rush Days" for me. I have full timetables, lotsa stuff to do, CCA stuff to handle. Have to stay in school to at least 430pm after dancing with the children. Actually I came to school today without much expectations, if it comes it will come...no need to worry...God will take care of that "ONE" the special one for me. Got a few encouraging and heartwarming sms-es and realise that ..hey its not that bad after all. Got a very spontaneous last minute arrangement to meet up my two lovely younger sistas for a crazy night out....
Braved the crazy CTE traffic for a good one hour plus jam along Eu Tong Sen Street.
Can u imagine my tired look as I finally parked the car at Maxwell Market and walked to Chinatown Square for a Swensons' meal...boy was I ready to collapse!

Us 3, me, my youngest sis - Jiaxin, Second one - Yunxin (Kerri)
Here's some suggested tips to deal with your V Day flowers if you find them a chore:-
Things to do with your flowers (1)

Things to do with your flowers (2)

How to pass your time while waiting extremely long for your food - Check the utensils are in good working order ala Ariel the Mermaid

JN warned me about the thin line between nonchalence and acceptance towards being single. Don't give up hope! heheheh... Not yet wor!
I prayed to the Lord today, Lord Jesus, Today YOU are my Valentine! No date beats You today and You are simply awesome and a wonderful lover first and foremost! :D
It will come...soon...:)

No comments:
Post a Comment