Monday, May 12, 2008

Ecclesiastes 3:1 - There is a time for everything, and a season for every activity under the sun...

Heard this verse and sharing spoken to me at least 3 times over the weekend that has just passed and today.

The service and sermon was really impactful and left a deep impression in my heart.

Time is a gift from God.

God has given us time for everything and it is our responsibility what we do with it.
When I read the verses from the book of Ecclesiastes. I was stirred. Yes, there is a time for everything and a season for everything under the sun. What season am I at now Lord?

I was stirred in my heart to know and trust in the Lord for the appointed time that bring about God's anointing for God's work. I was reflective. Have I captured the opportune times in my life or have I just let a lot of things slip by and not even wanting to listen to the voice of the Holy Spirit?

Many times, the Holy Spirit spoke and convict of certain issues in my heart, but it is ultimately the choices that I have made that has caused me to be in my present state.

Many times, the voice is stifled by own desires and own wants that I am really lost and wandering.

I ask myself, have I come to a dry, stagnant point in my life that I have been doing the same things all over again and repeating the same routine. This is one season of my life that I have come, yearning and thirsting once again for my purpose and my rest and God's will to be done in my life. I am stretched, but I am joyful.

I am called to be a minister and is this the season of extreme testing or a deeper and further conviction of His vision for my life is pending? There are seasons of ups and downs...seasons of fulfilment, loss and dryness...

Had dinner with him today. He assured me in the same way," Pray and seek advice, you are dry because you felt something for what you are serving in right? There's a season for everything, ask God for what season He wants you to serve Him using your gifts. Ask God for His calling for you right now in your life"
He never fails to speak sense in my life. Am thankful for him. :)

Met CC after that, shared the same thing. The word "season" came to me again from CC and I know this is really from God. Lord, What season do You want me to be now today? Where do You want me to serve in and in what capacity? Is it pastoral? Is it that I carry on with the music ministry?

I told him, you are asking me to consider dropping the very something and essence that keeps me going and in fervour - Music

You sure or not? Lord, help me...

1 comment:

Zhang Yuruo June said...

you wun "drop" music lah..mabbe less intensive time spent on it probably for u too regain some fresh perspective and inspiration:p