1 Corinthians 2:5"...so that your faith might not rest on men's wisdom, but on God's power."
It is a short and simple part of a verse but it impacts me a lot. Being thinking through a lot of things, the insecurities, emotions, uncertainty, mounting up...Do we really want to follow what the world wants us to do or do we want God's Power? I think the answer is pretty obvious.
Can't even be still to enjoy the service yesterday and was wondering what had happened. Then I know it...the dependency has to be on God.
Slowly all these fears melted away when I chatted with KD. I think God put us 3 in the same situation together to mutually encourage, to prove that once again God's grace is sufficient for all in similar situations. We three are put the same amount of testing and the things we go through are seemingly in the same phase. Yes, KD, we are in this together :) Many times, we want to give up, we don't have to put up with this heartache and misery.
Why are we holding on? Because of the little things that GOD had spoken, the little confirmation that He has given through His verses, through signs, through situations that had happened that were unexpected. We could easily turn away but we did not why? We could have turned to others or simply the easy way out. I know and I know that the moment I do that, I would NEVER stand anywhere. God puts me to test for a reason cos He knows that I would escape, I would choose the easy way out...is to simply run away...How am I supposed to get the fruit of the harvest that God has in store for me the moment, I choose to give up when the going really seems tough?
The tears, the sweat, the heartache...I keep asking myself and God, is it really worth it O Lord? God is growing me, testing in my patience, cos He knows that me, the impatient and 'frust frust' Rac, high-strung and negative Rac who gets heated and stressed up easily. All these emotions melted away, after yesterday's extended prayer. I really prayed for peace, God's wisdom, not my wisdom, Holy Spirit's guidance and peace, not coming from my own...
You know what? I suddenly got the courage, I got the peace and called...had a really good chat...I could not stop smiling after that...it will come to an end soon...Let's hang on together KD! :)
luv lots...
Monday, June 02, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment