The girls are the upon reaching Shah Alam Concorde Hotel I would say this Church camp is really life transforming and amazing. I came to the camp full of expectations and yearning to hear from the Lord over some things. The first night was exhilirating! I was so overwhelmed by the presence of the Lord that I knelt down again in prayer, really frustrated and lost over what to do in my personal life and work. I struggled so much to love, its was an eventful first night where I had to pray very hard for God to give me the grace to love. One thing happened after another and I found myself unable to rest well and spend some solitude with God in prayer. I was running around, talking to people and not realising my own limits and boundaries had tried to carry many burdens upon myself.
The second day, I fell sick after the morning worship and prayer as a result of unable to rest and sleep well. Rested in the hotel room. Went through KL ACTSperience, a whacky and zany afternoon where we shopped, cleared obstacles and checkpoints in ala Amazing race style. That morning had received an sms from Bernard stating that there were riots in KL city centre due to the fuel prices hike. The Lord was really with us that day. The streets were quiet, the malls were relatively empty and wow...I had a smooth time shopping :)
Really struggled to love and accept differences in the people around me, although I myself have to admit that I am no angel myself. When the time for the CG to say the CG Covenant together, I realise that to love and to forgive comes with a decision to want to do so. It is a choice and there are many times when circumstances do not call for it to happen, that's when the verse from 1 Corinthians 13 come to mind, "Love is patient and keeps no records of wrongs". I really do not want to be a hypocrite and prayed with all my heart that what I shared and said is really me being authentic and real. To love is a choice and it has to be constantly practised and renewed in the mind. To promise to love someone is a promise to easily broken as words are cheap and the distance from the heart to the mouth is the greatest, meaning there is a huge divide from the statement being said from the mouth and the actual heart conviction of the statement, ie the real decision to want to do something about it.
Was actually playing for the Extended Praise and Worship that last night in Church Camp. Was also praying to the Lord that someone would venture up to the Worship Band members and offer prayers, at least, I told God I wanted someone badly to pray for me. I thank God again for the amazing worship atmosphere that was there that night and I finally went to Fen to ask her to pray for me. She had prophesised over me that God really loves me and I had to let my life be led by the Holy Spirit and submit myself to Him fully. When QF shared to me the same thing that night in the hotel room, my tears just rolled down. She really struck a chord in my heart that God loves me and all the fears that I am facing and unable to face, the fear of rejection, the fear of loneliness, the fear of losing the things and people that I really love. I really cried. How God really really loves me to confirm with me the same thing twice in a night!
Thank God for QF that after so long, and many prayers about her, they were all answered. You are wonderful, amazing Lord. This camp has its impact on me, I can only hope, trust and carry on waiting upon the Lord despite all the uncertainties that I face and release my burdens upon Him. Need to constantly too, remind myself of His love for me...

No comments:
Post a Comment