Had a very meaningful CG today. CC started with sometime of free time for all of us before the start of the CG. We had like 15 minutes of "free time"!! Something "unorthodox" in a CG setting. I guess I am so used to having "organised time" all the time that for a good 5 minutes plus, I sat there and did not really know what to do after she gave that "command", "15 minutes to do WHATEVER you want."
Things start to rush in my head, shall I read? Shall i talk to Zhuzhu, shall I irritate everyone again by playing on the piano? (yes, we are at Room 306 :P)15 minutes!! Do what you want!!
Then I realise, (took quite a while) its really a short time that we can all gather together and fellowship, immediately dropped my book and went to mingle with the rest...
CC started off that day's sharing on how Jesus modelled an unhurried life by asking us a few questions, that got me tickled and feeling guilty all at the same time.
"Have you ever rushed through your supermarket shopping, by going through the shortest queue even though you are not in a hurry?"
"When driving, have you personally estimated which car would move slower or faster and proceed to change lane to the vehicle which would be the fastest?"
"Have you set yourself a list of "to-dos" for the day and may feel angry or frustrated if you have not completed them?" (Rachel paraphrased this last one...:P)
My answer to the above 3 and a whole host of other questions is mostly a resounding YES! I have the "hurry-sickness"!!
I can't just think of my life as so hurried and in a rush to meet my own deadlines!!
*** *** *** *** *** ***

19th August 2006 (Saturday)
Watched the movie "Click" with Jason, Mr D, Peiling yesterday at Bugis, had not watched such a meaningful show for a long time.
Was personally touched by the show. (warning of spoilers ahead, pls dun read on if you dun wan to know the plot!! :P)
The main character, Adam Sandler is an architect and a high flyer who juggles between work and family life like most of us do. One day, when absolutely fed up with quarrelling with his wife and having to care for the needs of his two children.
He went out, met a weird old man in the hardware shop (Christopher Walken) and decided to get a "universal remote".
He was so thrilled with the functions in it that he started to manipulate his life with it. He could actually fast forward, rewind or even skip chapters in parts of his life which he disliked. The turning point came when he decided to fast forward to a quick promotion and realised that the remote actually went on auto-pilot, capturing his most favourite function which is to "fast forward".He realised that he missed out. Big time.
His kids' growing up years, his relationship with his father and wife were all compromised for the sake of fame only then, till near his death did he realise precious time wasted. But the turning point came when he was given a second chance and decided to treasure family time more.
That show really struck me, it's like a really meaningful show after "50-first dates" which also touched me.
I wanted so badly to really drop down my stuff and run home to hug my sisters, my parents, especially my daddy and baby sis.
I was so afraid of missing out. Missing out of their lives when I am here zooming past here mine. I reallyhope I do not already make my time shorten further when its already moving at such a face pace.
I want to be there: when my younger sis needs a listening ear, be there when my dad wants a willing girl to cut fruits for him after dinner, be there for my mum when she wants someone to help her with her English, be there for my friends, be there for my dearly loved sheep and shepherd, be there to pray if I am so tied up, be there for GOD when HE calls me...,
Time, a precious commodity.
*** *** *** *** ***
We ended our CG discussion,"Jesus was always busy but never in a hurry." He took time to seek and pray to the Lord even when He was surrounded by so many needs and requests.
Praying for a more effective time and more of God's grace for time spent with my family members and friends and to most importantly slow down, give thanks to the Lord and refocus...
Maybe I shall choose to walk and wait instead of taking that cab or bus one day eh?
:P

No comments:
Post a Comment