Wednesday, August 02, 2006

When my birthday approaches...

When this time of the year approaches...my life seems to slow down...and its true people sink into more "reflective" mood, What have I done? What have I not done for the past year? Could it be any better?

At this point of time, you realise that there are some things that keep reminding you that you are old enough even though you try ways and means to mask it...

I know I am getting older and a 70's baby when:

1) I can relate to Class 95 FM Love Songs and some old Chinese Songs:- I find myself singing along to the songs that they played at night! Oh dear....Depeche Mode, Whitney Houston, Simply Red, Bee Gees, Simon and Garfunkel, Sting, Guns and Roses, Richard Marx ..just to name a few...for the Chinese, it will be haha , "Xiao2 Hu3 Dui4", "Wang Jie", Wu Shi Kai, Chen Shu Hua, Qi Jin and Qi Yu....

2) I get tired easily and can't really stay up late like I used to :- I find myself feeling extremely sleepy at 11pm! My hostel days were madness, I could go on without sleep for two days in a row! My muscles start to ache like crazy when its simple exercises like walking and climbing stairs....

3)I can totally relate to Pastor Ben:- when he mentioned the old 80's movie, "The Gods must be crazy". It talks about this African man who found a glass coke bottle which fell from the sky and the whole tribe worshipped the bottle as it was a gift from the gods.
The show actually did a few sequels after that, the Gods Must be Crazy part 2, the lead African tribal man, Nixau actually came to Hong Kong and did two more films because of the show's popularity, one with Carina Lau and the other with the departed Chinese Ghostbuster "Lin Zhen Ying" think some of you can remember him as always a Taoist Priest. Sadly both Mr Lin and Nixau had since passed on.

4) I realised that my conversations had more sentences started with, "in the past", ..."last time"..."Do you remember..."

5) I actually starting to miss being in the 80's in fact, Growing up in the 80's.

6)That day at Church Camp while we had Unit bonding time, I actually flipped the songbook and realised that I could sing and play a good number of "older" Christian songs,Jewish-like songs like "Sing Unto the Lord", "El Shaddai", "Jehovah Jireh","When the Spirit of the Lord", "Be Thou My Vision"...just to name a few...

Okay la....enough of stuff to remind myself of my age...heheh will post the pics that I took last Sat at the NDP Preview soon..:P

No comments: