
Fireworks display taken from where I was sitting cool hor?
This is my very first NDP that I went and attended at the National Stadium, the very last one before they are to pull it down for the Singapore Sports Hub. Very sad lei, this stadium has many memories for me too. Remember that my primary school was Ai Tong Primary School and Sports Day for us every year was a huge affair.
We always hold the Sports Day as Five Schools Combined Sports meet cos we are all under the Hokkien Huay Kuan and its really a big affair cos then the various schools will compete each other fiercely to see which school would emerge tops. My school Sports tee was red, so it was pretty outstanding. My principal had cheered for me when I was running around the track for my "400m C girls" race! I still had my Shot Put trophies also!! :P The guest of honour then was the UOB Chairman, Wee Cho Yau!
Oh yea, anyone out there went to watch the Malaysia Cup at the National Stadium? hhahah I did! Those days the Kallang Wave was so fun! The stadium will be packed to the full as people supported the Singapore Lions..oh yeah that year they lost to the Pahang Team...:P
Dear all its a fallacy, let me explain to those friends over the years who think I would have free passes to go to National Day Parade because of my birthday..well....Nooooooo...I was kiddish lah, actually wanted to drag my whole family to go with me, but my parents being teachers had already been tasked to bring kids to National Stadium every SINGLE YEAR! So I balloted online and got the Preview tickets just like that..so exciting...4 in all...
Managed to get Sarah, Florence Neo, Mingzhu and me down. I was so excited wor that I sms-ed them and made them wear red and all. Kallang MRT was flooding with people that TP had to block out the roads so that the people could cross the roads to the Stadium!! Let the pics do some talking...:p
This Stadium...part of my growing up years also...will cease to exist soon...sigh...

No comments:
Post a Comment