21st Feb 2007
Fresh from the festivities of Chinese New Year - got a conference with my practicum school principal, Mrs Sabrina James.
She chatted with us on the school core values, and on how she eventually chose the path of teaching. Realising that all her NIE trainees attached to her school this term are all Christians, she termed her career move from the Air Force to teaching as God opening doors for her in this area. I was possibly inspired. She was a brilliant woman and many times she could have gotten a higher pay job somewhere yet, the simple obedience to let God lead her life, despite all the closed doors she really faced those times. She exhibits this warmth and kindness and passion when it comes to people and relating about the kids and the lives that she has touched.
"It is ultimately the heart! Many times you want to throw in the towel, think of the lives that you would have helped turned around by your actions..."
I do not know how long I would last but I do hope that what I am embarking on is a life career. Many times, we would start off something full of zeal and enthusiasm and motivation to carry on, the reality of life often slapped on our faces. I do pray that God would help me last in this job.
Strenghthen my heart.
Guess what? I was so so so inspired by her sharing that I rushed off to find some inspiration movies about teachers touching the lives of students! Bought two old movies, Dangerous Minds by Michelle Pfieffer and Sister Act 2 by Whoopi Goldberg.
I always wanted to teach music to children and even though ultimately I was not trained to teach Music in NIE, the school saw my credentials in music and offered me to sit in the different music classes! WoW praise God!
Hope this next clip uplifts you too.
I have been singing this song to myself for the past 2 weeks and it really literally brings a smile on my face from my worries, and haha jealousy..shall touch more on that..akan datang.
Lyrics are really simple:-
Oh Happy Day (*choir echoes "Oh Happy Day")
Oh Happy Day (*choir echoes "Oh Happy Day")
When Jesus washed (*choir echoes "When Jesus washed")
When Jesus washed (*choir echoes "When Jesus washed")
When Jesus washed (*choir echoes "When Jesus washed")
Washed all my sins away...
Chorus:
HE taught me how to wash, to cry and pray
And HE taught me how to live rejoicing, every, everyday
Everyday!
Enjoy ya?
Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment