Monday, April 07, 2008

Healing Testimony - 22nd March 2008

This happened two Saturdays ago and once again God showed me that MIRACLES do happen.

Okay - WARNING: Gross, personal details are forthcoming so please clear your eyes and wipe off every gross thought. If you think you can't I suggest you stop reading PRONTO! :)

I am a rather active girl and I have to take my pupils to do morning exercises every Wednesday. On that particular Wed in the early part of March, I experience abdominal pains after my regular morning run with the children. I went to the toilet to check and to my horror, fresh swipes of blood appeared, and for all ladies, this is DEFINITELY NOT mentrual blood as the amount is quite considerable. I think a good chance is that I have experienced tearing of the you know what.

I thought nothing of that and left it as it was. A few weeks later which was the week leading up to Easter Sunday, 22nd March. I experience bleeding again mixed with discharge. This seemed to be getting serious and I went to a gynaecologist in AMK as suggested by my friend. That was the most traumatic experience that I have ever experienced. If the one and half hour wait was not long enough, the procedure, the scans done on my womb the PAP smear left me so traumatised that I applaud all pregnant women and mothers.
I was still bleeding from the smear and the doctor calmly showed me a scan which had 3 growths on my womb, or rather polyps. I was devastated as he told me too that I needed to remove them and described to me the procedures involved. He told me that it could be a cancerous growth and my heart really sank.

This operation meant a lot to me as a single, unmarried woman and I thought horrified of all the implications it might have, how do I explain to my husband? How do I account for all that has happened? I was ministering on stage too on Easter Sunday the next day and I needed God to help me and His mercy. I was so distraught that I told the doctor upfront that I wanted to cry and I did. I took 5 full minutes...crying my heart out in front of that male doctor. I could not help it.

I had to schedule immediately for a costly procedure which was about 700 bucks plus. It's never about the money folks. It's my womb we are talking about. I took a cab immediately home and broke down in front of my dad.

My mum, being high strung like me, could not calmly listen to me, I had to explain the WHOLE procedure to my DAD. Who happens to be the sweetest Dad in the world, promised to stand by me and sponsor all medical bills. I immediately took the chance to share to him about his healing testimony years ago when I fasted and prayed over his diabetes and how he was healed miraculously. I told Dad that I would fast and pray and I shared to him about my faith in Christ, amidst the uncertainty. Hey, its the Easter Weekend! Christ has already resurrected what else can't happen?

Nothing can stop me from meeting my dear friend KX and Cindy that afternoon. Hey I gotta be strong! God has an amazing way of putting bitter and sweet experiences together at the same time. That was the exact same day that we teachers had our bonuses banked in. KX called me and asked me about how I was, I was really touched la. When I met KX, he and Cindy prayed for me and I really felt from the bottom of my heart their love and concern for me. Thank God for such dear friends. I decided to respond to the altar call for healing and asked the pastor there to pray for me. This is time I gotta be strong and be a testimony to all.

On Tuesday 25th March, I promptly got an appointment with KK hospital and sought for a second opinion. That was when the miracle happened. The doctor showed me the same scan of the same area. The 3 distinct growths DISAPPEARED! It was exactly the same place and I could NOT believe my eyes. My dear sister Kerri who took leave to accompany me also could not believe it, "How do you expect me to explain to my boss that you are alright now? Your growths just disappeared like that?" I told her to trust in God and indeed God has so amazingly worked once again that I do not even need surgery of any kind to remove it. I promptly shared my healing testimony to my parents and to all who really knew about this.

Want to know the uncanny end to this story? I called the first gynae clinic to clear my appointment with it and to my surprise, the nurse told me that there's no record of my appointment! God is really at work again.

Dear all, thank you for being with me through these uncertainty and ups and downs in emotions. God is Sovereign and He is over all and above all, bringing us up out of every circumstances. Just continue to trust in Him and He would to the impossible for you, just to make you believe and know that HE LOVES YOU! :) Amen.

No comments: