Wednesday, April 23, 2008

My school's Dancesport got SILVER for SYF 2008!


Kids Dancing...

Couple dancing before the actual performance

The dancers after the SYF performance

Teacher, dance instructors and Principal Willy Tan (far right)

It was really a hectic day yesterday...My hands did not stop putting on makeup since 645am! I drew like 20 pairs of lashes, eyebrows, put on eye shadows, glitter and body glitter...the most challenging being the glitter eyeliner...many times the kids were so fidgety that the eyeliner smudge and we had to redo. :S
The kids were even filmed before the process as archive for our school.

The makeup process carried on till on the bus journey and our school's principal Willy Tan was so kind enough to accompany us for the competition. He talked personally to all the kids giving them encouragement. I was super nervous...had not done this in a long time..I can still recall the very moment before we entered the stage area where I was still putting last min body glitter and eyeliner on the kids.

The kids were fantastic and dazzling that even the sound and lighting crew were dancing along to the beat with us!! They really looked great on stage with the lighting and all, making them very mysterious and cool. Their dance ended with loud cheers from the crowd. I really felt that they did well! :)

So the results were announced...SILVER...not too bad considering we were vying together with the other dances under the International Dance Category with included the more arty farty dances...:P

Can finally rest liao! Cheers to Edgefield Dancesport!
I am proud of you guys! :P

No comments: