Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Count your blessings :)

I am greatly BLESSED.

This year, the Lord has worked wonderful miracles in my life. I have been healed miraculously of 2 major illnesses in my life. Even until last Thursday, I was setting up for the Sport's Station for my school when I reached home, my whole body outbreak in patches of very itchy red rashes. Cantonese say,"Feng Mo" It did not go away and I was so upset because I had promised my friend that I would go to school early in the morning to help him setup. I scratched until scratch marks could be seen. Amazingly, after a trip to the doctor at 9 plus that night, the rashes vanished without a trace. Thank God for His wonderful Grace again!

Thank God for my family and friends who are always so supportive and always standing by me through my ups and downs. You have friends who put up with your nonsense and how you always seem to show your temper and let them down but they still forgive you? Well, true and rare buddies in church. Thank God for Jeannie, Sarah and Mingzhu and CC. My mum, who unceasingly cares every nitty gritty detail in my life. My sisters who provide me with much joy and laughter!

Thank God for my dad, for providing me every day unceasingly transport to school so that I would reach school first thing in the morning. For being the great source of advice and a good listening ear. I am so thankful for him. I should have spoken to him earlier to know about more truths than to just wander off in my own dreamworld of expectations! Actually, if not for my dad, I would not have realised how lofty my expectation of people are and how miserable I could have been if I have not learnt to let go and relax and place it in the Almighty's Hands. Thank God for you Pa!

Thank God for all the little blessings. For every little thing that seems to weigh us down, there are at least 20 blessings that seems to outweigh it all, I told CC the other day. Was in my tantrums again, but I realise that once I started to give thanks for all the people that were blessed into my life versus the little bad things that I hang on to. There's no competition. Bo Beh Chao.( No horse run) God is so interested in my life, your life that would He not at the most appropriate time, release upon you and me His wonderful and unsurmountable blessings, such that you are literally blessed out of your socks? I learnt the hard way, rather than to complain and mumble, use the heartaches and pain to trust in the Lord and lean on Him with all my strength. It all boils down to a decision, how much do you want to love and trust God to put the same love and hope into people?

"In quietness shall be your strength"

A very different birthday, but the gentle serenity of it all is really unlike the crowd-loving me. I really enjoyed it. May all birthdays be like this. Cosy and nice.

No comments: