Friday, July 29, 2005

You Raise Me Up

Today...i found the verse again where Josh Groban made famous with his song,"You Raise Me Up." I had written this verse in my cute notebook which i always carry along in my bag..:P

"Though you have made me see troubles, many and bitter, You will restore my life again; from the depth of the earth You will again BRING ME UP." Psalm 71:20

I wrote this verse one fine day on the 21st April this year...Remember that time it was a time of great struggle for me.. I was back in school for another semester cos of two subjects!
I had expected myself to grad in Dec last year and start looking for a job... I was so confident...When I got the results.. I was super depressed and for a good one month plus..i was in shame when i started school again...cos some of frens grad liao and they had found jobs. The situation is made worst when a lot of teachers and frens started asking about me when they see me in school..

This was a very bad start of the semester..coupled with my bad spirits,comes with me choosing to move on in my ministry...what happened to my zeal? I dunno...i got very sick of school life and desperately wanted to move on...i was tired of seeing the same old people, doing the same old things..even my favourite coffee at Canteen A seemed so bland! This came another struggle cos I was technically a student in a "working adult" ministry...the first few weeks was a real struggle for me...I also have to keep going back to Youth service due to my past commitments unsettled...

I kept praying and crying out to God these "dark" few months of my life when i was very down...then deciding to start my job as a relief teacher..handling kids was not easy..but it made me with a positive outlook towards life and my studies. I wanted to be a good example...literally "to practice what I teach!!" I took pride in my studies (although i know have only 3 half days of school) hahah to really sit down and revise and do past year papers..It was one of those dark days that God spoke very clearly to me through this verse! I was feeling so loved! Thank you Lord!

Exams and test came and went..i really felt the peace that I can have from God...I will definitely make it this time! I was surprised at the wisdom and peace that He gave and how He enabled me to finish my revision and do my exam papers!!...really!
its really Him who pulled me out of this wreck...my life in Uni has not been smooth sailing...i experienced a lot of heartaches which i will pen down one fine day...but God He Raised Me Up!!
Now, as I look back..I thank God for this extra semester in school..cos He used me infact more..to meet new people, to take care of people and even to be more mature in handling my emotions ..
We really do not know God's plan for me but looking back..i am appreciative of His works that He chose to do in me...if not I would not have appreciated the grace of God to this extent...:)

Our days are always under the shelter of His wings! :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice song... heard it in the year 2003 when I was at Taipei... and I really like it.