Saturday, September 23, 2006

Hope Church 15th Anniversary! 16th Sep 2006


Me and Mingzhu

The elusive misty machine that caused us to splutter and cough whenever it puts out smoke, totally engulfing us in smoke and blurring our vision, hahah Simon our E-guitarist stepped on the wrong pedal!! attempt to make us look mysterious


I know this post comes late but I really thank God for being part of the Anniversary Band this year! I remember the times when I really had to drag myself in between the rehearsals, the preparation for the violin exam, the workload in NIE ..I thank GOD that He brought me through. The long hours spent was certainly worth it!The one word to really describe the experience is, "BEAUTIFUL!" The presence of the Lord could be clearly felt throughout the hall as people were soaked in worshipping and praising God. The perspective I saw from when I was stationed on the stage was simply breathtaking! The balloons, the confetti, yes and all of you!!

Despite the previous day's rehearsals ending at 11:30pm and musios having to come early to do sound checks and rehearsals at 830am, the moment we went on stage and the song "Highest" came, sweet adoration just overflowed from my heart, all my tiredness, fatigue seemed to melt away and really dwell in the presence of the LORD!

We shared many jokes also, about the infamous "dry-ice machine" who would emit smoke every few minutes without warning, shrouding us in choking smoke, making us cough and wheeze always...a lot of near accidents happened! waahhaa.. Sijia noted during lunch that both our hands were trembling badly that we could not hold the spoonful of rice properly...we really played so much! :P we had only 45 minutes then to finish our lunch, change, do hair and makeup..You all should have seen the dressing and makeup room, it was WARFARE!! Shen Teng looked so "pretty" with gelled hair and blusher! :P

I would say this again, nothing beats playing together in a band who flows together and who really all have a heart burden to see people being drawn by the music to worship unto the LORD. I made many friends and certainly gained more experience in playing techniques and missing the times now that I think of it...:P I am so impressed with the youth singers and musios! Simon, the shredder E-guitarist is 17! Joanne, one of the lead worshippers is like only 23? Check out her voice here from this video clip from Junming's blog:



Think now, the song that is stuck in my head is the song written by our very own musio, David "Ah Seng" Chua who wrote "Greater"


"You must be Greater in me O Lord,
Let all the rest fade away
Draw me nearer to You each day
I yearn to fix my eyes on You.

I want to give You my everything
Just to walk with You by my side
My joy is complete in You
For You are my strength, my hope"


May the Lord always be my strength and my hope,
Be my Love, ........Always....:)

No comments: