Friday, September 08, 2006

ONE dollar-one-dollar-one-dollar-ONE!!!

Yes, can you believe it? My dad was so mean that he actually made a huge joke outta me signing up for the Stan Chart run. Over an episode of "My lovely Samsoon" on TV, he could not stop laughing when I told him that I have plucked up the courage to sign up for a 10km run...

He immediately turned over to Ma and said,"I'll bet you ONE DOLLAR that she would NOT be able to run on Wednesday!" (After an enthu Rac rushed to declare to them that she's going to run come Wednesday after school!)

Indignant and possibly sheepish with my laughing parents, I made a stubborn decision in my mind to run no matter what. Come Wednesday, I finally finished my 3 Maths quizzes mini "Marathon" and my head is swimming from the lack of sleep and yes when you all see me this week, I have outbreaks all over! :P Maths is so tough!

It's such a drag that when I reached home yesterday at 630pm I had to pluck myself from the couch to start running. Put on my shoes and all of a sudden became super conscious. Made a huge mistake of not warming up and immediately started running round the neighbourhood...

This is the first time I ran round my estate can? Have moved in Sengkang for a good 7 years and i am still a stranger to my neighbourhood! That really tells me how long I have not walked around my house..Highly strung, I found it very hard to relax and enjoy the run, my mind still clogged with lotsa things...Wow the force of gravity has certainly worked even betta since the last time I ran, every step seemed so tough and heavy.:P

Okay managed a tiny little distance of 4 rounds around the estate. Estimated 2km?? wahahah and Joe said,"It's 1/5 of your total distance! Jia you!!"

Still recovering from aching limbs, am lousy right?

No comments: