Sunday, September 03, 2006

Treading on dangerous ground...

Ever hear this line that's mentioned in movies? Expecially those swashbuckling movies where swords are welded, flashes from the clash of swords later and the two lead characters suddenly goes,

"Mister, you are treading on dangerous ground!"

This is what exactly I am feeling for the past few days. It's not about lack of faith, but I really tend to think I am living life on the edge from the things that I have been doing:

1)I signed up for Stan Chart 10km run!!
Yes, to those runners out there.. Miss Tham here has not run in a good number of years and the pounds are packing onto pretty obvious places. I dunno what went into my mind when I took the challenge and signed up for the run with my sheep Zhu Zhu.
Guess I was really motivated by all the CG members and CC mind you, signing up for the FULL MARATHON!They all did so well at the recent Army Half Marathon. wah..scary sia...in a matter of 13 weeks I have to run 10km? Time to get out of that couch and work out!! Good luck to my legs man...:P

2)There are 3 quizzes next week and 3 assignments due by the end of the month.

You guessed it. I really struggle to study for them and do the assignments. Last Friday, after the lecturer threw us a bomb of 3 more assignments. What went into my mind was "And a Happy Teacher's Day to you too!" wahahah satirical joke but I think I am getting really stressed out.So the current count for assignments are,
Maths, 3 written ones including a pedagogical presentation and a lesson plan, plus a research one to be done on educational websites for children.
English, one major presentaion involving a research into a certain genre of children's books and to teach the whole class on the topic.
Educational Psychology: 1 group assignment and 1 Individual assignment
ICT (computing for teaching): 1 1000-word assignment.
Total Assignment count => 7

3)I am surviving on cents that make up to dollars.
The violin exam is finally over, but I am living on what little my savings can allow me. Had spent a bomb on the preparation for this exam. It is much much more than last year as I am sitting for a higher grade now. Bills and loans have been very punctual in their arrivals. Am praying very hard for Pay Day! How far would you go for your dreams and aspirations? For me, its really all the way...:P

4)My health is suffering
There's something awfully wrong with my system somehow. I am getting more anxious, heartbeats are faster (Not particularly when I'm in close proximity to anyone special:p). My hands are trembing...the other day I was just holding on to a spoon to drink soup when I realised how much of the soup I am spilling... My hands are trembling so so much!!Outbreaks on the face are happening. Tempers are slightly shorter. Must be stress, definitely.

Lord Jesus, help me when I am so weak, when all things seem so hard to handle and when everything seems hopeless. Lord I claim Hebrews 6:19 when I cling on to the hope that it is an ANCHOR to my soul, firm and secure. I rest my security in You and nothing can ever take it away from me. Lord, may Your grace continue to cover me and I seek Your forgiveness when I lacked the trust in You and still chose to sway from Your path. Guide me, Lead me and heal me, I submit my life in Your hands! Amen!

No comments: