So sweet, today Mingzhu's off from work..she came down and join me for lunch...she wanted porridge lah....so i suggested this roadside Kopitiam where i told her it would be hot...true enough....we were so roasted....that you should have seen the speed we wolved down our food!! hahah..wanna get out of the place as soon as possible...muahahah
We then went to MOS burger...where we had a much cooler time.:) shared about the baptism of water to her...realised a lot more about her family's objections too..encouraged her that a decision to water baptise is an outward proclaimation of an inward conviction. Knowing that she's much bothered by the comments that they have shared..to stay strong and read 2Cor. 12:9 "My grace is sufficient for you", says the Lord. "My power is made perfect in weakness." This is so true you know...sometimes we do not need anything fancy or great..we just need God, we just need this simple faith, we do not need great relevations or signs and wonders to prove that He is there..somewhere deep down in our hearts, we know that God is there watching us. She was really great and listened and even asked questions about why people wanna water baptise...knowing that one fine day her parents will respect her decision in the near future...:) not this time to baptise...next time bah..
I am really encouraged by this friend and sister that I have grown to love a lot dunno what to do without her lah..heheheh..What she is going through also reminded me of the time when i decided to commit to Jesus by water baptism...how my father flared up at me! My mum made this funny comment that she allows me to marry only when i am about to get married to a Christian!! hahah she forever scared that i can't get hitched...:P well...my life after I have commited to Jesus is certainly not easy..in fact He tested me so much that I nearly lost faith!
haha...to list down a bit of my life, I broke up with my boyfriend of 5 years whom i nearly got married to, lost a lot of weight until i nearly anorexic, all these happened right after i decided to water baptise in God! I failed one year plus of studies in NTU, as a result graduating two years later than the rest...This is really a fulfilling of my prayer to God that Lord whatever happenns, I wanna leave this life of sin, knowing that I am continuing hurting you Lord by being with this person, i submit..and how tough it was! hahah...
God chose to use me even despite all these i am facing, time and time again He lifted me up, i was made to talk to people at certain times and saying words of prophecy to people that had helped them,I sensed great joy in sharing Christ to other people, I was made His shepherd,taking care of 3 people at one time, made Core Team in my old ministry, blessed me with musical gifts that I din know that I had when i was with that guy, my boyfren din like me to sing or play musical instruments cos he did not enjoy music....you see love is really REALLY BLIND. How do i know i have the gifts? One fine day, I took up a pen,that was years after i broke up... and the musical notes just came, i took up my violin, Anthony and the notes just flowed into my head...I wrote and wrote and played..wow! this is amazing...its like singing in a new song from Psalm 96:6..God blessed me all the gifts when i started to release more of my rights and allow Him to touch me...I am terribly grateful to God....no words can express this gratefulness to God...i stumble and fall many times and there were times i wanted to give up and run away..God pulled me back up...
Mingzhu, Jesus had said, "In this world you would have trouble and persecution, but TAKE HEART, I have overcome the world!" Believe that all this that is happening will strengthen us in the Lord as we learnt to slowly untie all the knots that we hold on to..let Him do it...He can and certainly will...:)
Wednesday, August 17, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment