Tuesday 9th August 2005
Only then did I realize how blessed and how loved I am…I laugh at my insecure self really all the time…Had a tiring night, came back from a refreshing Word for life class whereby we were taught on how to pray powerfully for Jesus..yeppps you got it…I attended the “Powerful Praying Church” with Shi Ming.
Yean Shean our instructor had really inspired us on the closeness in the relationship with God tat we can get and how He could get to know us so well that He would speak to us so specifically and clearly.
I was really inspired to know God in this manner and really wanna strive to hear Him speak all the time..
One thing that spoke to me very clearly…we can be so spiritual doing spiritual things, that we serve fervently, we share to people fervently…we so tempted to only ask God only when we really need it…this is like another wake up call from God! Unknowing we are like becoming a “Deist” who believe that God only choose to interfere whenever He wants…He might not be interested in handling our lives..In other words, we are grown so used to doing spiritual things and going on in our lives that we think that God would not be interested in every single thing we do…we dun pray, we only cling on to Him for help when there was a crisis.…I was shocked to discover all the similarities that Yean Shean had shared.
Many times and days of the week.. I would start off the week with just praying to God on my requests…chatting like a non-stop recorder to God my requests and my feelings…how long have I sat aside for God to speak to me? These things take time I realize, but then if I dun try where is the relationship with God that we proclaim to the people around us?
I wanted to re-establish this relationship with God that I can have, to really listen to Him and wait for Him to speak to us..wanna go back and immediately talk to God properly..
Early in the day..Spencer had messaged me to keep my phone on during midnight..he wanted to lemme hear a song that he had written..
At midnight pronto,
I received a lot of calls and SMS…the very first being from sweet old Cheng Jie! He shares the same birthday month as me every year we would celebrate together without fail. Hahah my fellow Jay Chou enthusiast!!
Spencer called shortly later on and sang a song for me that he had promised…very muffled lah..i could only catch “Jesus Loves you”! good enough…
Then How Joo and Jeremy rang up and sang birthday song for me….in fact a lot of them were at the Fireworks Fest. They were releasing fireworks at midnight!
So sweet of them!!
Yeah I gonna list down the names of the people who had sms me…really touched to know that actually so many frens had remembered my birthday…
Chukai, Sharon and Liyi called me to made fun of me stating that they were from “Marie France Bodyline” and wanting to offer me a package!!! :P
It’s amazing all over MSN…people were messaging me happy birthday, my “daughter” and “son” from youth WAM, Veron and Jon, Jon being so sweet…added me to their youth WAM conversation and sang (typed) a birthday song for me!!*melt* *melt* I want a son like that!! Haha Wendy the drummer,
All the other MSN pple really sweet..
My mum ran out of the room…she sashayed and hugged me…passing me a letter and ang pow..only to be grabbed away by my two sisters who did a little dance in front of me..saying that the letter is to be secret until the morning!!
Hahaha..
Guess what pleasant surprise that they had prepared for me?
My second sis Kerri had went for many gigs for the past few months to raise money for a new guitar for me!!! Man I was sooo touched!! I named it “Adrienne” my “daughter” ….muahah “Anthony” (violin) my “lao gong” mah so the names are all “As”..this is really so thoughtful of them! I won’t have to always lug my sister’s guitar to play for Church always….the present being a combined effort from my two sisters, Kerri and Jiaxin and my Auntie (maid) Marie.
I had sprang up at 720 am thinking that oppps! I am super late for work!! Hahah aiyoh today holiday lah…could not get back to sleep liao…just too used to waking up earlier than tat time!
The morning was spent in a mad rush to clean up my room…cos my uncle was bring my cousins over for lunch..really threw out a lot of junk!! Muahaha…dunno whether to throw away my notes or not…wanted still have the dream of pursuing my engineer dream…
My mum and auntie whipped up a fantastic lunch of crabs and we had sooo much to eat!! Really glad :) the day was spend with much replying to sms-es…
Yuemei my primary school fren was so sick that she’s bed ridden!! :( could not join us for the cooking session at Caizhu’s place!!
Totally enjoy cooking…used to remember the times at the hostel in NTU where we would always cook tog for meals..sort of learnt how to be independent there and then!! Totally messed up the kitchen at Caizhu’s place…made all the guys strip potatoes and carrots! Its so farnie!! Poy was really the sport…he cleaned, he cut, he washed, he scrubbed the sink and all that again..could you imagine? He and Cryst had just alighted from the flight from Bangkok at 2pm!! There they are at the house at 430pm..i was really touched!! Poy even gave me perfume..i was really paisei cos I din expect expensive gifts from anyone…
Almost everyone was there..it was really great to see so many people coming together even the people from the other unit..Hendry, Shuwei, Vincent, Bernard, Cryst, Lisiong and Ruizhi.
Sandy had two foreigner frens..Jody and Johan, they were really interesting and I had a wonderful time talking to them and finding out about their cultures and work…
Yesh the part came where they would enjoy the most..spraying me with all the aerosol cans of streamers!!!
It was beautiful..i din know that people would share all those things around me tat was so touching…especially the one from Mingzhu..i teared wah…
These are roughly all the accounts that I can remember…wanna write it down so that in time to come when I refer to this…it will be really sweet and serve as another spot check on my life also..
Mingzhu shared about me being a fren that is rare and everything that we shared as friends really “lost in moment” we do have to shared much.
Kim shared about me being a joy-giver and being a great support to her.(please comment more haha..)
Cryst shared about me being a volunteer and about me helping her out.
Dennis shared about serving together as usher team together and me being faithful in serving not complaining ( hahah I muttered underneath my breath “Yet”) :P
Sandy shared about me being sensitive and Joyful.. (correct me dear…)
Lee also shared about my talents and how I was not proud of it? Hhahha well... She also shared about me like to make myself the subject of jokes and okie about it…
Yicheng shared about knowing me from NTU times and working together those period till now….how I had a super loud voice..and how I had shared about encouraging him from the Word of God.
Shi Ming and me really had tough times working together during my IA. He noticed changes in my life..how I was not sososo “hyper” anymore…to me that was really sincere and it blessed my heart already even though initially he did not seem to share anything “nice” haha only after much persuasion did he share!!
Poy shared about me being sensitive and seeming to know what he was thinking even before he told me during that faithful shopping trip hahah..
Caizhu shared about me having the treasure of the Word of God within me and that one thing I can grow again is to be vulnerable towards God…relearning everything that God has taught me or what I have already known..discovering new truths about Him day by day..:)
Wanna list down all the people who had sms me….so many lives has brushed by me all these years..being so busy all these while ..it really took an sms to remind me that they are still around..terrible me right? :P check out next blog…:P
Friday, August 12, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment