Monday, August 29, 2005

The Start of all the Boo Boos

28th August 2005

The start of all the BOO Boos

Yeah…Boo Boo 1: all those who know me will say that I am a joker and all the things that always happen to me always can make a person scratch head as in why such things can happen to a me …:P

Okie, early in the morning, I had plugged my instrument and tried to play it during sound check…..believe it or not….the SOUND could not be amplified no matter how hard I sawed at the strings! God had spoken to me about this issue in my heart of sin and pride and immediately I confessed to God and repented for the sin….really terrible and fearful of what’s gonna happened cos God has spoken to me in clear voice, “ I will make your instrument VOICELESS” I was blur at the time what it meant but then suddenly when I remember, it made a lot of sense…God does not desire a lot of sacrifices from us, not just serving, He just wants our heart and obedience..just as what the sermon was sharing today…I was making a fool on stage again lah….CN then asked me this trick question “Hey Rachel, have you turned on your violin?” I was like…..speechless…and for a second, i DID press some "imaginery" switches on the violin..then I shot back, “My dear bro, how do you TURN ON a violin?” another backup singer, Andrew went, “Rachel, speak to your violin and it will play!” I did!!! Then this one takes the cake, Fenny went, “Just sing what you play on your violin lah!” I responded by mimicking the sound of the violin with my voice and everyone on stage laughed although we were supposed to be prepared by then…sigh…


Really thank God for making known of the issue in my heart…it was only after I stopped making a fool and really calmed down and prayed to God sorry, I am truly sorry did the sound finally restore! Praise God! Then I also realised how we must daily consecrate ourselves serving as Levites before the Lord before we can come before Him with our offering just like in the old testiment..this is really the Word living out again...

Boo Boo 2: I was accompanying Caizhu and Mingzhu with this sis from another group called Lilian to be re-admitted to the hospital. This sister’s joy that overflows from her really touched all of us.. we could tell that she was walking with some difficulty as she could not really turn her head and have to turn her whole body to talk due to the “guan jie yan” arthritis problem and also her feet could not really bent that well.

Throughout the whole procedure to re-admit back into the hospital she’s very joyful, even though she knows that she had to re-admitted for further more checks on her..she’s pretty cheerful and laughed and joked with us a lot…. Even the healthcare workers who are taking care of her are smiling at her chattiness and happiness throughout the whole routine checks. That is another expression of God’s joy in her life! We were really blessed by her spirit even though we could tell that she’s obviously in pain…we are trying to make her laugh even more cos the situation in the hospital is already very grim…..there was an old lady opposite us in the bed across who looked very sick too and we were so scared that we disturbed them by our vain attempts of stifling our laughter…

At one point of time, Lilian asked me, “Rachel, could you help with the food…” I immediately cut her, “ ..PUT IN THE FRIDGE ah?” and pointed to the small cupboard you know the one where you can find by all the hospital beds one by her bedside…immediately all of them started to burst out laughing…THERE’S NO FRIDGE!!! So Malu!! I realized my boo boo and went up to open the cupboard to discover it filled with clothes….we really had good laugh…Mingzhu and Caizhu started to point at every single thing in the room and asked me like a small child “Rachel, what is this ah? Not a fridge okay?” muahahahahah..well that’s Boo Boo 2. Me and my big mouth…I shall learn to be more loving next time and let people finish their sentences!! ….:P I dun think I can EVER fit into a hospital , think I will drive the nurses mad….



5 comments:

Anonymous said...

wahahahaha... the fridge one very funny... hahaha... you this blur queen! you think what? hotel ah? :p hahaha... zhen1 shi4 de4! :p

Rachel Tham said...

yeah i totally agree...after that i told myself..i would never have a good relationship with the hospital....:P

Anonymous said...

hahaha... no la, maybe you'd be the first one to build hospitals with fridge and other amenities... Hee... like a hotel... hmm... Idea? hahaha :p

Rachel Tham said...

yeah fridge , complete with cool snack bar and a tea/coffee counter, call button to bring in your favourite food and pay channels on the TV..sounds like a resort more than hospital eheh

Anonymous said...

ei... the rich will appreciate something like that lor.. but it is of course a niche market... In some parts of America, they have these kinds of recuperation centres for rich people who have undergone cosmetic surgery...

Heheh.. But the question is if Singapore has a big enough market for such a business... Then again.. You never know.. With all the "hub hub" that Singapore wants to be... We might just be the medical hub that celebrities fly to for privacy and excellent medical care... in a luxurious "Rachel Recuperating Resort" (wahahaha)...